Writing Self Assessment
1. What do I notice about myself as a writer as I read through my work?
That my writing is smooth but sometimes, I repeat too many words and then my writing turns sour. I am working hard to change that. My beggining is better than it had ever been. I know how to start sentences in many ways and each sentence makes me want to read the next. Using tricks and details is not a problem to me anymore. Smoothly and quickly, I can think of a trick or detail to use in my writing. I have things that I am good at and thinks I can improve at.
2. How have I changed as a writer so far?
I am more aware of not using a lot of I's and and's. My sentences all begin with different words and I always put details and tricks in my writing. I think more about sentence fluency and punctuation than I have ever before. I always keep an eye out to things I can improve in.
3. What are three things I do well as a writer?One of the things I do well as a writer is that I always concentrate on my work. Even though I get distracted sometimes, I try to keep my head down and think about my writing piece. Another thing I do well as a writer is that I try to put details and tricks that will hook my reader in and make my reader feel that he or she is in the story much as possible. The third thing I do good at is that I always think about the 6 + 1 traits and try and make my story as good as possible.
4. What are some things I want to get stronger at as a writer?Even though I try to stop writing I's very often, it get very tricky for me to think of other ways without using I's. Then, my story turns out with about 30 I's. I want to get sstronger in thinking about other ways to say things without using I. Another thing I want to get good at is thinking about seed ideas. It takes me quite a long time to think about what I want to write. I feel that I can get stronger in those areas.
5. What is my favorite piece, and what are the things I love about it?My favorite piece is called Pig's Heart Dissection. I like it because when I read the first few sentences, I myself get hooked in, even though I am the one who wrote it. Also, because I put many details and tricks in it to make the reader feel like he or she is in the story. Those are the reasons why I like the story Pig's Heart Dissection.